Goat farming is quite popular in Kerala not from today but from ancient times. A good Revenue can generate in small investment in Goat farming in Kerala.
Goat farming is quite popular in Kerala not from today but from ancient times. A good Revenue can generate in small investment in Goat farming in Kerala. The Kerala state is well known for the Green Paradise on earth that’s why Kerala is best suited for Goat Farming. Goat is the animal that can survive on green grass or a handful of grain. It can make a good revenue if it is done on a large scale in Kerala.
More than 30 % Of areas in Kerala is the forest area. That can be quite beneficial for goat farming
Malabari is the local goat breed of Kerala which is quite a productive dual-purpose goat breed. The low cost goat farming is possible in Kerala because it has more green land for grazing.
Goat farming in Kerala can make a good profit it can make more profit if goat raised with indigenous chicken. In Kerala The Non-Vegetarian Population is more if going with this business can be a good idea.
Housing Management for Kerala region
Housing arrangement for goats is one of the important part of goat farming business. This state is well known for the Heavy rains so, the Elevated floor is suggested for goat farming in Kerala.
The elevated floor is a bit costly but it has its own advantages. It is labor-friendly no need to put extra effort in cleaning all the Manure and urine goes down. One more benefit in this farming you can raise desi or indigenous chicken down the floor.
In commercial goat farming or stall, fed goat farming the open area for exercise should be double the living area. The housing or shed should be well ventilated for a better cross-section of air or for good health of the goats.
Things You Should Know before starting goat farming in Kerala
- Start with fewer goats.
- Start with indigenous goat breed of Kerala (Malabari) because Kerala is the southern part of India other goat breeds will take time to set in the Environment of Kerala.
- Clear your purpose of goat farming, why you want to do goat farming for Meat purpose, Milk purpose, Breeding Purpose, and Eid Purpose.
- Don’t overspent in the Goat housing in the beginning.
- Take training or visit near farms.
- Proper knowledge about medicine or vaccination is one of the main part of goat farming. If you learn which medicine has to give on which time then no one can restrict you in making a good profit in Goat farming.
Best suited goat breed In Kerala
- Malabari goat
- Sirohi goat
- Boer goat breed
- Osmanabadi goat Breed
- Barbari goat breed
- Jamunapari Goat Breed
The productivity of Malabari Local Goat breed of Kerala
|Udder Size of adult Doe
|Purpose Of Breed
|Medium Sized goat Breed
|Weight of Mature Male(2 years)
|45 to 50 kg
|Weight Of Mature Female(2 years)
|40 to 45 kg
|Age At First Kid
|Average BirthWeight of kid
|2 kg(depends on No. of Kid)
|Number of KidCrops in 2 Year
|Repeating Heat Cycle
|Single Birth Percentage
|Average Milk Capacity
|1.5 to 2 liter per day
|Estrus period or Heat period Duration
|24 to 36 Hours
List of Goat farm in Kollam (Kerala)
Al Madina Nirmal Goat Farm – Mukkam, Mayyanad, Kerala 691303
- Goat farm Mulavana – Mulavana, Kerala 691503
- Palavacode Goat farm – Kattuputhussery, Kerala 695603
- Chettukuzhy goat and fish farm – Kollam, Kerala 691306
- Goat valley breeders and livestock – Kollam – Punalur – Tenkasi, Vellimon, Kerala 691014
List of Goat farm in Ernakulam (Kerala)
- Goat Farms in Kerala – Syrian Church Rd, Hospital Junction, Kunnathery Thikavu, Aluva, Kerala 683101
- K.R Goat farm – vadavucode
- Breeders Goat Farm – Sreenarayanapuram, Kodungallur, S.N. Puram-Asmabi College Road, Kerala 680665
- Fathima Goat Farm – Near Thadikkakkadavu Juma masjid West veliyathunad, Po, Aluva, Kerala 683511
List of Goat farm in Pathanamthitta (Kerala)
- Marukara Goat Farms – Maramon Thottapuzhacherry Road, Thottapuzhacherry, Kerala 689549
- Goats Villa – Goat Farm in kottayam mundakayam kerala
List of Goat farm in Trivandrum (Kerala)
- Goat Farm Trivandrum
Goat farm in Kerala Project report
This is the goat farm Project report in Kerala. The price of Malabari Goat female is 9000 and the Price of Malabari Goat Male is 12000. It is the project report of 10 females and one male Malabari goat of Kerala.
|Weight of goat
|30 kg 10 female
|40 kg 1 Malabari
|12000×1 = 12000
Production of Malabari goat kids
|60% single 6 kids
|40 % Twins 8 kids
|60% single 6 kids
|40 % Twins 8 kids
|Total kids in 14
months from both crop
Mortality 10% means 2.8 goats died. Therefore, 25 goats remaining. It can be either male or female
Feeding cost 10 rs per day in which concentrate and dry forage are taken green forage should be used your own.
|No. of goat
|Cost of feed
|11 goats feeding for
14 months at 10 rs
feed per day
|25 kids, cost of feeding
7 Rs for 4 months
after that they are
ready for sale
|10 kids save for Eid
purpose feed them for
remaining 6 months or
180 days with 10 rs
per day feeding.
Sale of Goats
|No. of Kids for Sale
|Kids x goat weight
x sale weight
|4 kids are sold from
first crop at age
of 6 months
|11 kids are sold from
second crop at
age of 6 months
|10 goats sold On Eid
at 500 rs per kg the
weight achieve on
1 year is 50 kg approx
|Total sale of Animal cost
Total Profit = total sale of animal cost – feeding cost
= 346000 – 85750
Total Profit = 260250 Rs.
You can earn simply earn 260250 Rs in 14 months from investing 102000 (10+1) Malabari goats. In this report, the monthly expenses like shed cost, labor cost, feeding equipment are not included.
you have to spent money only once. after that you have to earn from production passively.
To see the actual project report of (100+4) goats with all the expenses click the link below
Is goat farming profitable in Kerala
from the above goat farming project report, I can surely say that the goat farming in Kerala is quite profitable because in Kerala the goat meat-eaters are more compere to any other state. according to research, 97% of people in Kerala are meat are non-vegetarian. therefor the possibility of selling your product is 97%.
you have to only do goat farming with a focus to achieve success, if you raise 100 female goats on your farm then you can make serious money with this business. only once you have to spend money on buying goat after their kid’s production you have to earn money.
Kerala is the agriculture dominant state of India, the availability of green fodder is more compare to other states. if you grow your own feed at your land then seriously you can double your profit.