Barbari goat is originated in Uttar Pradesh India. It is the Dual purpose goat breed which produces Milk And Meat in very Good Amount. It is the most famous breed of India which Look alike Deer. Barbari goat is well known for its tasty meat.
Generally, this Goat Breed has the ability to set in any type of environment and any type of feeding.
The Barbari-goat performs well in Semi-intensive management system or intensive management system (stall feeding).
This short breed is mainly known for Early Sexual maturity and the ability to Produce multiple kids in each gestation.
This Breed is also Found Karoli, Bharatpur, Dholpur, Districts of Rajasthan and Palwal District of Haryana.
Barabari goat comes after Black Bengal Goat in the fertility rate.
Barbari Goat weight chart
this is the dwarf goat breed of india which has very high productivity but small weight gain capacity. most of the time weight of the kid depends upon how many kids have given birth by a goat. if the kid is single than their weight will be more.
- Birth weight – 2.5 kg (it also Depends on No. of Kids)
- 3 months – 7 kg
- 6 months – 16 kg
- 9 months – 25 kg
- 12 months – 34 kg
Barbari Goat Price
this is one of the cheap goat of Uttar Pradesh region. you can find easily and buy it at a very cheap cost compared to other breeds of goats.
in the near region of Uttar Pradesh, this goat breed has huge demand. the barbari goat price in bihar is around 7500 Rs (Adult goat).
the barbari goat price in the Jharkhand area is around 8000 Rs. and Barbari Goat Price in Delhi is approx 9000 Rs per Adult goat
Barbari Breed Profile
|Origin||Uttar Pradesh India|
|Normal Height||22-26 inches|
|Udder Size of Adult Doe||Big|
|Coat Color||Brown spots on White coat|
|Purpose Of Breed||Dual Purpose|
|Size Category||Small Size Breed|
|Weight of Mature Male (2 years)||45 to 50 kg|
|Weight Of Mature Female (2 years)||40 to 45 kg|
|Age At First Kid||15 Months|
|Average Birth Weight of kid||2 kg (depends on No. of Kid)|
|Kidding Interval||7 months|
|Number of Kid Crops in 2 Year||3|
|Gestation Length||150 days|
|Repeating Heat Cycle||21 days|
|Single Birth Percentage||8%|
|Average Milk Capacity||1.5 to 2 liter Per day|
|Estrus period or Heat period Duration||24 to 36 Hours|
It is the Dual purpose breed. it produces around 2 liters of milk per day, this 2 liter milk is enough for survival of twins and Triplets.
Barabri goat is good for the commercial goat farming or stall feeding system, this breed can be scale very easily in less time because this goat has the ability to give twins triplets and some time Quadruplets.
The pure quality breed found easily, and it is available in very large Numbers. Brabari Goat comes under the category of Profitable Breed.
The goat breed look alike Deer. The coat color is mainly Brown Spots on a white coat and White spots on Brown coat. The adult male has Beared.
This is the short Breed can’t say Dwarf Breed. which height is approximately 25 inches and Length is 30 inches. The eye Color of Pure Barbari Breed is Brown. The Bodyweight of Adult 1 year Male reach up to 40 kg, and the weight of 1-year female may reach up to 30 kg approx.
The Ears are horizontally straight and Horns are medium sized tilted towards Backside. The udder is large size helps them to produce more milk.
The medium size tails hang Downward.
Barbari Goat Milk Yield
The Barbari is well known for its high milk yield they produce Approximately 1.5 to 2 liter per day which is very good numbers.
The Barbari Goat milk capacity is at Peak level Between 4 to 8 weeks or (30 to 60 days) after kidding. At this Peak level of milk, production Goat required Enough dry matter in Goat Feed. So at that time 100 to 150 g of concentrate should be increased in the Diet of Does for the Better results.
The fat content in the milk of Barbari is 3 to 3.5 % and Protein Percentage is 2.5 to 3 % is noted.
Meat Production of this breed
Primarily, in India the Goat is raised for the Meat Purpose, this Goat is well suited for meat production. They produce fine quality Meat. In some areas of India it is believed that the short height Breeds like Barbari, Black Bengal Meat are tastier than the big size Breed.
The Barbari Goat gain weight approx 100 g per day in stall feeding Goat farming system or intensive management system. to achieve this weight they require Good quality feed with the mixture of Green, Dry forages and concentrate on the whole day of feed.
The feed conversion ratio (FCR) of Barbari is good. the adult male achieves 40 kg live weight in one year, while the adult female achieves 30 kg live weight approx.
Barbari goat Feeding
All the results come from good goat feed.if the Barbari goat feeding is good than the outcome result will be good. better if you give 250 gm of concentrate feed to single goat and 300 gm of concentrate to the pregnant goat. this should be given after grazing than the result will come outstanding.
The feed quantity given above will give you better productivity in milk and weight gain. the chances of multiple kids will become more.
How to Select Male Breeder Goat
- The male should be from Pure Barbari Breed. it should be Healthy, tight and little bit aggressive.
- The age of male should be 1.5 years and the weight should be 40 to 50 kg Approx.
- The testicle should be the same size.
- It should be born in twins.
- Height and weight should be good. legs should be strengthened.
- The Feed conversion rate (FCR) of the Breeder should be good.
- The Breeder should be Free from the Disease.
Care and management of this Breed
- The House should be well ventilated, Clean, Dry and hygiene for the Better Production.
- The Goat Feed should Be Packed with All the Nutrients. The extra concentrate feed should be given to Breeder and Pregnant Goat.
- Vaccination schedule should start from 3 months of age and all the vaccination should be according to the region to stay away from the major disease. Because Prior vaccination is Better than cure.
- Both internal and external deworming should be done Post and prior Monsoon for Good health.
- There should be a track record of every goat or all the age groups for better performance.
- The minimum age of female should be 10 months for the first time mating and weight should be 20 kg.
- Stay away from the overcrowding in the house.
- Goats are susceptible to Pneumonia and Diarrhea. So there should be pre-planned treatment for both the disease according to age.
Advantages of Barbari goat farming and Why You should have to raise this breed in your Farm
- The sexual maturity of Barbari Goat is Early, it starts the production at the age of 14 to 16 months.
- It is the Dual Purpose Breed.
- It has the capability to give twins, triplets and some time quadruplets.
- This breed is short but it is quite good in milk production.
- It gives rapid returns.
- This goat breed has the ability to adapt any type of environmental condition of every region.
it is one of the profitable and most productive goat breed of India. Barbari goat breed is one of the finest goat breed for stall-feed or for commercial goat farming. Most of the farms are generating profit to rear this breed. The People of Uttar Pradesh and nearby states only Prefer this breed on Eid Festival.