Project report for any types of business is important for beginners. In goat farming business project report will be the key factor of business.
This Goat farming project report shows, how can you earn profit from goat farming business. what you have to feed and what you have to sale. if you actually want profit from goat farming read this article step by step.
Goat farming in India is growing day by day, a lot of educated people entering in commercial goat farming, and goat farming Business plan is the first part of the business before starting it. All the equipment needed for commercial goat farm and profit guide is available in this project report.
Please do keep the following points in mind while reading this Goat Farming project report :
- This is an expense statement for 14 months or 1 year 2 months by Indus Goat farm located in Ujjain Madhya Pradesh
- Before starting a goat farming business it is very important that you should have good knowledge of the same.
- Take Goat Farming Training from a reputed goat farm Before starting.
- Visit other goat farms and before starting yours to survey the housing, system, fodder management, handling goats, how to castrate bucks, etc.
- Please survey the land location, road access, water facility, and other useful things.
- Land cost is not included in this report.
- Never use goat milk for personal use, as kids need this milk for up to 3 months.
- Goat gives kids twice in 14 months, the gestation period of 150 days.
- Under stall fed condition the ratio of kids is 60% twins and 38 % single and 2% triplets.
- Deworming the goats routinely.
- The expenses of vaccination and medicines are 100 rs. Per goat per year.
- Hint: goat farming should not be profitable if purchasing green fodder outside the farm.
- Concentration fodder: a mixture of maize, groundnut, barley, wheat bran, mineral mixture, salt.
- Green fodder: Moringa, berseem, sorghum, Hybrid Napier, subabul, lucern, dashrath, depends on the soil requirement of the area.
- To make the additional income in commercial goat farm sale manure or make vermicompost fertilizer from the manure. Use manure to cultivate green fodder for the farm And sale remaining manure.
Why Project Report Required For goat farming?
The goat rearing Project report is required to set up the goat farm or take the idea that how much I can earn through this business. You can follow this report and can earn the highest Profit through this profitable venture.
This is the Proven Project report from one of the oldest goat farm of India, they worked on Sirohi goat breed because they gain weight quickly on stall feeding and one of the profitable goat breed of india.
This Project report is quite helpful to take the Bank loan and get a Goat farming subsidy from NABARD. on the basis of this project report bank sanction loan easily. it is the whole goat farming business plan you can follow and earn maximum profit in this venture.
this goat farming business plan is designed to understand easily for any of the bank Employees and hundreds of farmers from Maharashtra state have taken the loan form this Project report.
At the end of this article you can free download this project report.
Goat Farming Project Report & Business Plan
1. Goat purchasing cost
We purchased 100 matured Female and 4 Male. Weight of Female goat is 30 kg and a weight of 1 male 35 kg. the rate we purchased the Sirohi goat is 210 Rs/kg.
|210 rs |
|weight of |
is 30 kg
|weight of |
is 35 kg
Note: in India, you can easily start with 210 re per kg live goat weight with Goat Breeds like Sirohi, Barbari, Black Bengal and indigenous breed of any region
2. Goat Production cycle (14 months)
The ratio of kids is 60% twins and 40% single. 90 goats out of 100 are getting pregnant. We are getting 2 crops in 14 months With 10% mortality rate.
|1st crop||kids||Mortality||Remaining |
|60% of |
|40% of |
|60% of |
|54 x 2 |
|10 % |
|40% of |
|36 x 1 |
4 kids is
we get 129 kids in one batch (7 months). Or 258 kids in 14 Months.
3. Housing & Shed requirement for (100+4) goats:
Housing and equipment are the one-time investment in the commercial goat farm. Beginning investment is the needs of every business and these business require shed and equipment in the beginning.
Generally, 1 female goat required 10 Sqft Area. Male required 15 Sqft Area. Kid needs 5 Sqft Area.
We are Taking Area for (100+4) goats + 130 kids + 30 Bucks For Eid Purpose.
|Goats||Goats x |
|4 bucks |
|60 x 200|
|130 kids |
|30 bucks |
|30 x 15||450 |
4. Required Equipments Used to Start a Goatry Farm
1000 rs per
|1000 x 5||5000|
| water pots, |
200 rs per
|200 x 5||1000|
|Total cost of |
5. Feeding cost of (100+4) Goats and kids
|Cost of |
|104 Adult |
10 Rs per
day for 14
or 425 days
|129 kids |
6 RS per
day for 4
|29 kids save |
for Eid &
with 10 Rs
|Total cost |
- 10 Rs per day per goat cost is the only cost of dry and concentrate fodder, green fodder should be cultivated in our form to maximize the profit. The cost of cultivation of green fodder is not included in this project report.
- approximately 60% to 70% cost spent on the feed in commercial goat farming.
6. Monthly Expenses of a Goat farm
|Vaccine & |
20 Rs per
|362 x 20||7240|
1 labor is
|5000 x 12||60000|
|Water & |
|500 x 12||6000|
7. Sale of Animals
|No. of kids |
|Kids x goat |
|100 kids of |
20 kg is
sale in 210
rs per kg
|29 bucks of |
50 kg is for
sale on Eid,
is for sale
in 320 Rs
|100 kids of |
weight of 20 kg
is ready for
210 rs per kg
|Manure of |
|Total sale |
Total Fixed investment = Goat purchasing cost + Cost of shed + Equipments
Total Fixed Investment = 649400 + 432000 + 26000
Total Fixed investment = 1107400 Rs
Fixed investment is the one-time investment cost that is not included in the profit in this project report because every business needs the beginning investment.
Total profit = Total sale of Animal cost – (total cost of feed + total monthly expenses )
Total Profit = 1312000 – ( 587080 + 76240 )
Total Profit = 1312000 – 663320
Total Profit = 648680 Rs
you can simply earn 648680 rupees in 14 months by following this commercial project report. The profit can fluctuate according to the market rate of goat feed.
How much one can earn in goat farming?
From the above Discussion you read in The goat farming project report of 100+5 you can earn easily 6.48 lakhs rupees in 14 months. you can go beyond the limit if you raised quality goat and Goat bredd that looks beautiful and acheive promising body weight.
Raised any breed in your goat farm but follow this project report so you can earn maximum profit. I have seen in my goat farming career the goat sold in 15000 to 1.5 lakhs depends on the quality of goat. You can sale them easily there is not any rocket science in that.
Bonus Tips: Goat achieves maximum bodyweight after one year of age. After one year Buck matured eats more, achieves good weight, and provides maximum returns.
What are the challanges in goat farming?
Yes, there are some challenges you should aware before entering into goat farming. the main challenges are
- Detect the Sick Goat and give them treatment on time
- Detect the Heat and mating with Breeder on time
- you have to know about Goat disease their symptoms and treatment
- vaccination and Deworming Schedules of Goats
- Proper knowledge of medicine
- Where to sale the Goat
Every business has challenges if you do the proper research and get the Proper Goat farming training from an Experienced goat farm than surely the challenge will convert into the routine. The training is quite important to avoid loss. Training costs you five thousand rupees while a single goat costs you more than that. the choice is yours.
if you Raised goats from the proper management and provide them good nutrition then you can Surely Do that Easily.
Where can I get the Goat farming Project report for Bank Loan?
Hey, don’t worry about the Project report, I will provide you the same project report for bank loan in PDF format which worth around 1000 rupees. Many Indian Entrepreneurs get the loan Easily. This powerful project report has the potential to convert the bank manager. He/she can easily say yes after reading this project report because there is nothing any fake thing in this report. it is fully practical and made by a professional indus goat farm.
This is the business model of well known Indus goat farm. FREE download Project report on goat farming PDF on clicking the below link (click on download)
NABARD goat farming project report PDF
NABARD (National bank for Agriculture and Rural Development ) is the government bank that provides a subsidy to start goat farming business and other agriculture business this project report helps you to get the loan. this is one of the best NABARD goat farming project report PDF you can download and take the loan easily.
Goverment sanction 200 Crores every year for agriculture and rural development, and this 200 crore provide in the form of subsidy.
you can apply for the loan in the begening of the year. some government nationalise bak give the goat farming loan. if you want to take loan to start goat farming busines than download this project report and apply for the loan.
Barabari Goat Farming project report
well, Barbari goat farming project report is the same as it is because the buying and selling price of Sirohi and Barbari goat is equal. the only difference in Barbari goat is that you can more kids compare to Sirohi goat.
Barbari goat is known for giving triplets and quadruplets mean you can get more kids compare to Sirohi goat which means profit is more. Barbari is the most productive goat breed of India. they mature early compared to Sirohi goat.
Barbari is the best meat goat breed of India and the pure Barbari goat breed demand is increasing more and more every year.
this goat breed has the capability to survive in any environment of India. I personally like the Barbari goat because of their fine quality meat, the taste of Barbari goat meat is unique because of their small height.
Important tips for the beginner’s goat farmers and Entrepreneurs
- Do proper care and management during the transportation of goats in the beginning.
- Select the breed according to your region.
- don’t do over expenses on goat shed at the beginning of the farm.
- get the proper training before starting a goat farm.;
- follow the proper vaccination and deworming schedule to get the maximum profit.
- your feeding cost should not be more than 10-15 rs per day per goat.
Frequently Asked Questions about Goat Farming Project report
Q.1) How do You make a Goat farming Project Report?
This project report is completely Practical from one of the best goat farm in India. this goat farm works on Sirohi goat breed from the last 5 years. while making this project report the Indus goat farm Maintain all the cost on Excel sheet noted each and everything.
Q.2) What is the Profit margin in goat farming?
it depends on your management and feed. Normally, the profit margin is 60% but if you grow your own concentrate feed then Profit can be 80%
Q.3) Which Breed of Goat is Most Profitable ?
Q.4) How do goat farmers make money ?
Generally, They grow their own Green, Dry and concentrate Feed and fed to goats and sale them on Eid at the rate of 20,000 to 25,000 Rs per goat and make money. The Beautiful goats give more than this Price.
Q.5) Should i start Goat farming business with 100 Goats?
yes you can start with 100 goats but if you don’t know anything about goats and their managment, you have to take goat farming training first and learn properly how the business is. you can also hire a Veterinary doctor for better management of goats.
I have put so much effort to make this project report on goat farming through my own Experience to provide value for the upcoming Goat farmers or Goat farming Community. i have my own goat farm and this project report is completely practical. It will be very helpful for me if you share this post on social media, WhatsApp Groups, and for those who need it. SHARING IS LOVE
Final words on Goat farming project report
This is the complete goat farming project report and Business plan that helps you to start your goat farming venture. This project report is not only for taking a loan for goat farming, this report will help you understand how to do goat farming, this is the complete way from the experience one. if you follow this project report and raised 100+4 goats on your farm you can make the same money also. This is the simple way of goat farming that no-any goat farmer will teach you.
for the maximum profit, you have to raise goats for meat purpose as well as for Eid purpose, this planning is capable to make lakhs of rupees for you.
Happy Goat Farming!