If you are planning to get a Husky and wondering what its price is in India then keep reading this post.
If you are planning to get a Husky and wondering what its price is in India then keep reading this post.
Huskies are gorgeous looking dogs, they have these exotic beautiful eyes that set them apart from other dog breeds.
According to the American Kennel club the Siberian husky ranks at 14 on the most popular breeds in the world.
And it is no surprise that people in India also love this breed and many pet owners want to buy this breed so that they can flaunt this dog to others.
And considering the rising popularity of Siberian Huskies, breeders in India have started to import and breed them in India.
But do you know Huskies are actually not made for hot weather, especially the type of weather that India has.
There has always been a debate among people regarding whether Huskies can survive in India or not.
Husky Price In India (2023)
A purebred siberian husky can cost anywhere between ₹40,000-₹90,000 in India. If you go for a show quality husky the prices may go even higher upto ₹1,50,000.
A Husky’s price is determined by its age, looks, eye color, history, lineage, and purpose.
In general, the price of a Siberian Husky in India is quite high since it is an imported breed and they are also very high maintenance.
Huskies age between 6-8 weeks will cost the highest and as they grow up the prices also decrease.
Gender can also influence the price of a Husky, generally males puppies cost higher compared to females.
If you want to adopt a Husky which most likely won’t be free but still will be less expensive around ₹25,000-₹30,000.
When you adopt a dog you’re not only saving money but saving the life of a living being that needs a home.
Siberian Husky Price In Delhi
Since Delhi is one of the metro cities in India, you can expect to get a husky that will range from ₹50,000-80,000.
If you are buying it from a reputable breeder then the price is likely to go up to lakhs of rupees.
Top Breeders of Husky In Delhi
- Badal Kennel (Rohini, Delhi 110039)
- DV Kennel (New Delhi, 110001)
- Sai Kennel (Prem Nagar Delhi, 110003)
- DOGS MULTIVERSE (Basant Lok, Vasant Vihar, Delhi 110070)
- Dav Pet Lover’s Pet Shop (Sector 7 Dwarka, Dwarka, New Delhi, Delhi 110075)
Husky Price In Kolkata
According to the breeders in Kolkata, a purebred husky will cost you ₹45,000-₹80,000 and the show quality breed will cost from ₹80,000-₹1,20,000.
Top Breeder of Husky in Kolkata
- RB’s Kennel (Raj Krishna Ghosal Rd, Kolkata, West Bengal 700042)
- ATS Kolkata Pet Shop (Teli Para, Kolkata, West Bengal 700031)
- Dog World (Kolkata, West Bengal 700006)
- Flower Pets (Birati, Kolkata, West Bengal 700051)
Husky Price In Himachal Pradesh
In Himachal Pradesh, a purebred Siberian husky typically costs between 40,000 and 75,000 rupees, with show class dogs costing between 90,000 and 1,40,000 rupees.
Top Breeder of Husky in Himachal Pradesh
- Sharma Dog Farm (Tehsil Shahpur, District Kangra, Himachal Pradesh 176208)
- Patyal kennel (Sundar Nagar, Himachal Pradesh 175018)
- DOG JUNCTION (Kangra, Himachal Pradesh)
- Madhushyam Pet Farm (Shimla, Himachal Pradesh)
Husky Price In Pune
A purebred Siberian husky costs between 60,000 and 95,000 rupees in Pune, and show dogs costing between 90,000 and 1,70,000 rupees.
Top Breeder of Husky in Pune
- The Sahyadri Husky (Pune, Maharashtra 411040)
- RITTZ KENNEL (Uruli Devachi, Pune, Maharashtra 412308)
- Raviraj Kennels (Bibwewadi, Pune, Maharashtra 411037)
- Sagar Kennels (Pune, Maharashtra 411031)
- Shali Pets (Shivajinagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411005)
- SangFroid Kennel (Pune, Maharashtra 411046)
Husky Price In Bangalore
In Bangalore, a purebred Siberian husky may cost anywhere from ₹40,000 to ₹75,000 rupees and the show quality will cost between ₹90,000 to ₹1,40,000
Top Breeders of Husky in Bangalore
- THE LOYAL WAG KENNEL (Goodshed Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560053)
- Bangalore Puppy Farm (Whitefield, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560066)
- A.N Kennels (Neelasandra, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560047)
- Hygge Kennels (Yelahanka New Town, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560064)
Husky Price In Kerala
A purebred Siberian husky in Kerala might cost between 45,000 and 80,000 rupees. A show-quality husky can cost up to ₹1,50,000.
Top Breeders of Husky in Kerala
- Pawsam Dogy (Erattayar Chakkakkanam, Erattayar, Kerala 685514)
- Red Kennels (Thrissur, Kerala 680306)
- Spanakopita Kennel’s (Cherai, Kochi, Kerala 683514)
- My Pet Kennel (Thalayazham, Kerala)
Husky Price In Sikkim
In Sikkim, a purebred Siberian husky may cost between 45,000 and 80,000 rupees. A show-quality husky may cost up to ₹150,000 in some cases.
Top Breeders of Husky in Sikkim
- Paws Parade (Gangtok, Sikkim)
Husky Price in All States/Cities of India (29 States)
|Andhra Pradesh (Amaravati)
|Arunachal Pradesh (Itanagar)
|Himachal Pradesh (Shimla)
|Madhya Pradesh (Bhopal)
|Tamil Nadu (Chennai)
|Uttar Pradesh (Lucknow)
|West Bengal (Kolkata)
Husky Information | Characteristics, Types of color etc.
Huskies are medium-large breeds native to Siberia that were bred as working dogs to pull shreds in the snow.
They are naturally designed to do heavy tasks. They are the type of dogs who can’t stay at one place for a long time and constantly have the urge to run around and play.
They have two coats, a thick, fluffy undercoat that keeps them warm and keeps the heat within.
These coats also help them from surays so that’s why it is never good for huskies to have their coat shaved.
Huskies weigh around 20-27 kg for males and 16-23 kg for females and stand tall at 53-60 cm.
The standard color of a husky is Black & White and some come and other colors as well.
Huskies are available in the following colours, according to the American Kennel Club.
Is It Expensive to Own a Husky In India ?
Many people believe huskies to be pricey; nevertheless, this is subjective, and everyone’s definition of “expensive” differs.
Huskies, in my opinion, are on the pricey side, especially if you want purebreds with specific markings or eye colours. And it is precisely at this point when the price rises.
In my experience, red huskies are more costly, and eye colour (which can vary) is also a consideration.
I believe that because huskies are such a visual breed, a lot of importance is placed on their beauty, which is why they are so pricey.
Huskies have a high wow factor, and this notion naturally raises their value and price.
Maintenance Cost of A Siberian Husky In India
Maintaining a Husky is as expensive as buying one. The following are the breakdown of monthly expenses that you need to incur as a pet owner.
VET Visits Cost
Huskies are very healthy dogs generally but they can get prone to being sick easily so regular VET visits will be very common for you as a pet owner.
Normally, one consultation with a VET will cost around ₹500-₹1,000. Surgeries and other procedures can cost you around ₹30,000-₹60,000.
Dog Food Cost
Food is another expense that you need to take care of when you get a pet. You should be really careful of what you feed your husky.
They are very picky eaters and also have very sensitive stomachs so you will have to do some initial testing to see what brand works best for your pet.
Try to avoid cheap dog food like Pedigree etc .They are mostly filled with low quality ingredients which will only harm your dog in the long run.
And most premium packaged food like Taste of Wild, Orijen etc are quite expensive.
So if you need a cheap alternative then boiled Chicken is the best choice out there and they are quite healthy too.
1kg of Chicken will cost between ₹150-₹300. For a month it will cost you ₹4500-₹5,000.
Grooming your dog is really important especially for Huskies since they shed a lot so you need to regularly take your time out to brush and remove excess coats of husky.
If you can’t do it yourself you can go to a groomer to take care of that for you.
Grooming cost will depend on how time consuming and complex it is and in case of huskies it is going to cost a lot.
A full body grooming for a Husky can cost you ₹3,000-₹4,000 per session.
And mind you, some huskies are little over dramatic when it comes to grooming like the one below
It is really important to have all the essential accessories like Leash, Harness, Peed Pad etc. before you even get the dog.
Make sure to buy three types of chew toys: One that’s hard, one medium-hard and soft one.
Puppies like to bite a lot they will start to chew on everything that they see like your hand, toes, furniture etc and and it is going to drive you nuts at some point so what you can do is you give these toys to them and that will keep them biting on you or other valuable things at home.
Next thing you need to buy is some good nutritious treats.
All of these things will cost you ₹5,000-₹7,000 but they are not as recurring as other expenses mentioned before this.
Most people in India don’t have insurance for dogs but that’s a huge mistake because surgeries can cost a lot and in case of huskies it will cost a fortune.
It is always wise to get Insurance so that you don’t have to worry about finances. Bajaj Allianz offers insurance for dogs and you can choose a plan that fits for you best.
What are the precautions to make sure while owning a Siberian Husky in India?
There are certain things that you need to know and prepare yourself before you decide to get a Siberian Husky In India.
- Make your house soundproof if possible: HUSKIES ARE LOUD AF!!! And this is not a joke, huskies are really vocal and they are so dramatic, and sometimes it may get too loud for you to bear or it will trouble your neighbours as well.
- Make sure to have an Air Conditioner at home: Huskies prefer snow weather over any other type of weather. But it is actually not possible to bring snowfall in your house so instead you can at least create cold weather inside your home with an AC. So make sure to buy an AC before you decide to buy a Husky.
- Buy a good quality harness and never take your husky off leash: When you take your husky out for a walk never take them off leash. Huskies are independent thinkers and they are fast runners as well so if they find something interesting or suspicious they would try to run to them as fast as they can and they won’t even listen to you so never trust them off leash otherwise you’re in for a big trouble. So buy a good quality leash and harness so you can get a hold of your dog when it gets out of control.
- Get a good vacuum Cleaner: Huskies shed a lot. I mean A LOT. Their hair is going to be all over the place. So get a reliable vacuum cleaner to clean up the mess, it would be better if you get an automatic vacuum cleaner because you will be tired of cleaning your house every 30 minutes.
- Get a brush: As mentioned above huskies shed a lot so it is necessary that you take out time to brush them regularly. This will not stop the shedding but will minimize them to some extent.
- Get a crane: Get a crane for huskies and train them how to be in a crane as soon as you bring them home because this thing will come in handy when you’re outside the house. This will prevent your house from the damage that they could make when you are not there to watch over.
- Hire a dog trainer: Huskies are stubborn dogs, they are not easy to train at least for a novice owner. And an untrained husky will be a disaster, trust me. So if you can hire a professional trainer to make this process easier for you.
- Socialization: Socialization is a necessary thing for every dog but when it comes to Huskies it is even more important since they like to be in packs. So, if possible get two huskies or get another dog with a different breed because they really don’t like to be alone. If that’s not doable then make sure they regularly interact with other dogs.
Can We keep Husky in India ?
You can but you shouldn’t. Personally I’m not in favour of keeping huskies in India and the main reason why is the temperature which is not all suitable for Huskies.
If anything huskies love more than food is Snow and they absolutely go crazy over it.
Huskies are naturally designed to tackle cold weathers, they have thick double coats and when they walk they produce heat with every step they take this helps them to keep warm.
The ideal temperature for a Husky to live in is between -10 to 10 degree celsius anything more than that will cause them discomfort.
So unless you live near himalayas or Ladakh or any other hiIl stations I would actually not suggest this dog to anyone but then again most hill stations don’t have quick access to facilities like VETs and Pet Shops so there is no point for you to have them here.
They are working dogs and need to run wild and should be able to experience snowfall which actually makes them happy and healthy.
Top 5 Best & Worst States in India for Husky to Live.
Well you can keep them in other metro cities like Delhi, Mumbai with an AC on for 24 hours but that will only shoot up your electricity bills and being stuck indoors all day long is not the life huskies deserve.
We are still firm on what we said earlier that people shouldn’t keep huskies here they are designed to live comfortably in -60 degree celsius which we humans cannot even imagine, but there are still some places in India that actually could be suitable for Huskies to live and have a happy life given that you are absolutely taking the best care of your pet
Best States For Husky To Live
The following are the places where it snows during winters, so if you live in these place you could still think about giving it shot:
Himachal Pradesh: Manali, Kullu, Kufri etc. are some of the places in Himachal Pradesh where it snows in Winter. During the winter season, the air temperature varies between -10°C and 15°C.
Uttarakhand: Pithoragah is one of the places in Uttarakhand where Huskies could live fine. The average temperature in Uttarakhand during winter is 0°C to 18°C.
Ladakh: Leh Ladhak has the perfect temperature for huskies but not for humans. The temperature during winter in Ladakh goes -20°C which is completely unbearable for humans but Huskies can live comfortably in this temperature.
Kashmir: Kashmir is also one of the coldest places during winter with temperature ranging between 2°C to 10°C
Sikkim: A north eastern state where it snows during winter.
Worst States For Huskies To Live
If you live in these following states you should probably skip on Huskies for their own good
Tamil Nadu (Chennai): Tamil Nadu is one the absolute worst places for huskies to live in. There is no winter in Tamil Nadu. The coldest temperature in Tamil Nadu is 24°C. Expect some places like Ooty and Kodikaanal where the average temperature ranges from 5 to 20 degrees in winter.
Mumbai: Another worst place for huskies, and just like chennai winter never happens in Mumbai
Kerala: Apparently, Kerala has a huge fan base for huskies but unfortunately the tropical climate isn’t not ideal for Huskies. You can only make do with turning on the AC for your husky 24/7.
Pune: Compared to Mumbai, Pune is colder during winter but not enough for Huskies to live.
Delhi: Although winters might be cold, summers are actually unbearable in Delhi and more so for Huskies.
FAQ: Husky In India
Is it possible to adopt a Husky in India ?
It is definitely possible to adopt a Husky in India since they are quite difficult to take care of for most people so there will be a lot of pet owners who would want to give up their dogs.
But it is highly unlikely that you will get it for free since they cost a lot so you might get it for a cheaper price.
Can Huskies survive in India ?
They can survive only if you provide them a comfortable environment to live in which requires really a next level of commitment from the pet owner.
How to find out if a husky is uncomfortable with the temperature ?
It is easy to notice if a husky is uncomfortable, they start drooling and huffing a lot will go sit near fans or AC that will keep them cool like the one below.
What’s the average lifespan of a Husky in India?
The general average lifespan of a Husky is 9-10 years. The life expectancy of a dog depends on the type of lifestyle the dog has.
If you don’t take care of a Husky properly as in if you don’t take care of the needs of the Husky like proper exercise, the right type of food, the lifespan may decrease.
What should you feed a Husky In India?
You should feed only non-vegetarian food to your Husky like Chicken, Salmon or Milk, and try avoiding packed food like Pedigree, Royal Cannin etc.
How to maintain Siberian Husky in India?
To maintain a husky you should fulfill all their needs and wants in terms of food, comfort, regular exercise and socialization etc. Keep the AC on for 24 hours if possible.
Is husky banned in India ?
No, There is no law in India that bans the citizens from owning a Husky.
Are husky good for first time owners?
Huskies are not a good choice for first time owners since they have really high maintenance which could become really overwhelming for first time owners and give them up.
You should research everything that you can about huskies before you finally get one so that you don’t end up regretting your decision.
Which husky can live in India ?
There is no specific type of husky that can comfortably live in India. All of them are made for cold weather only so they should be in those places that constantly have cold weather.
Are huskies hypoallergenic ?
No, they are not hypoallergenic and since they shed a lot it will be a choice for people with allergies.
Are huskies dangerous ?
No, they might look intimidating but they are absolutely friendly dog breeds with hyper temperament.
Are huskies family dogs ?
Yes, they are family dogs and will do very well with everyone in the family like kids etc.
Will a husky bite ?
When huskies are in their puppy stage they tend to bite everything that they see, you can reduce this by actually training them and giving them toys to chew and play with.
Do huskies talk ?
Unlike other dogs, huskies are very vocal; they communicate in their way which is really adorable.
Conclusion : Husky Price In India
So now you know the price of a Siberian husky in India, and they are undoubtedly one of the most expensive breeds out there.
So they aren’t for everyone, and it would be better if you avoid this breed unless you have so much money and time on your dog.
Huskies are not toys that you would like to buy and give away. It’s a living creature that will be a part of your life for the next 10-12 years, therefore you must accept full responsibility and be prepared to face the consequences.
It is really important that you make sure your husky feels comfortable with the temperature at your house. If you don’t have an AC buy it before you decide to get a Husky.
And also buy other essentials items as well so it will be easier for you to maintain them from the get go.
They are lovely breeds and they should get the life they deserve. With that we are at the end of this blog if you have any query you can comment down below.