Sirohi goat is originated in Rajasthan it is available in large quantities in Ajmer, Jalore, Tonk Sirohi, Udaipur, Jaipur, cities of Rajasthan. this Goat breed is Became the first choice for commercial goat farming or stall feeding Goat farming system Because this breed has the capability to Adopt any type of environment in India.
There is 22 recognized goat breed available in India and this Goat is one of the Popular in them. Sirohi Breed is one of the top Goat breed of Rajasthan. It can be easily raised in large numbers in a commercial goat farm.
It is the Dual Purpose Goat Breed, used for both meat and Milk, Both the meat and milk production of this goat is better compared to other Breeds.
this goat is ready to Eat any type of feed and the Feed conversion rate (FCR) of this Goat is quite Good. it achieves very good Bodyweight in a short period of time. That’s why this Goat has become the first choice for most of the commercial goat farms in India.
All the Goat Farmers who are raising these goats is achieving Success and making a good profit.
Nowadays, you can buy Sirohi Breed in every region of India.
Sirohi Goat full information
|Normal Height||32-35 inches|
|Udder Size of Adult Doe||Medium|
|Coat Color||Light Brown With Dark Brown Spots|
|Purpose Of Breed||Dual Purpose|
|Size Category||Large Size Breed|
|Weight of Mature Male (2 years)||75 to 85 kg|
|Weight Of Mature Female (2 years)||60 to 65 kg|
|Age At First Kid||20 Months|
|Average Birth Weight of kid||3 kg (depends on No. of Kid)|
|Kidding Interval||7 months|
|Number of Kid Crops in 2 Year||3 (Three)|
|Gestation Length||147-150 days|
|Repeating Heat Cycle||19-21 days|
|Single Birth Percentage||60%|
|Average Milk Capacity||1 to 1.5 liter per day|
|Life span||12-14 years|
Sirohi Goat breed Characteristics
The main characteristic of the Sirohi breed is its Affordable price. This price is beneficial for the Beginner goat farmer who can easily start their venture with this goat at less price compare to other Goat Breed.
The Sirohi Goat Perform very Good on Arid or semi-arid region and achieve good weight At 3 to four hours of grazing and little concentrate on returning to their home.
This Breed is available in large number, Approximately 3 Million Goats are available according to a survey in 2013 this
this breed also gives good profit to the goat farmers at the time of Eid and Durgapuja.
Appearance of Sirohi Goat Breed
this breed comes in the category of Large size Breed which is very good in weight and the looks of this goat is quite attractive.
The coat color of this goat is Light Brown with Dark Brown Spots. The skin is very tight and Thick. The adult male of this goat is Aggressive. The adult Sirohi easily achieves 50 kg in 1 year.
Ears are Pendulus and 25 to 30 cm long and 10 cm wide. The Eyes are oval in shape or Brown in color. The Horns are the medium size in an upward direction or slightly tilted backside.
The height of adult Sirohi Buck is lying Between 34 to 36 inches, it can be more depends upon their genetics.
How Much Meat Produce a single Sirohi Goat?
this is one of the best goat in meat production they grow very Quickly, their FCR(Feed conversion rate) is quite Good As compared to other breeds on India.
This goat breed gains 90 to 100 gm Bodyweight per day at the age of 0 to 3 months. Or at in age of 3 to 9 months, it gain 130 to 140 gm per day grow 100 gms per day. this is the good numbers for any type of goat Breed.
this weight gain is noted on Semi-intensive Goat farming system. It can be more in Commercial goat farming or stall feeding system.
This is the weight of Non-castrated goat, the weight of castrated goat will be more.
Sirohi Goat weight chart
Sirohi breed is known for its quick weight gain. this goat breed has the ability to achieve good Body weight in a short period of time. the below Sirohi goat weight chart is based on semi-intensive goat farming system
|Age of Goat||Weight of Goat (Kg)|
|Kid weight At the time||3-3.5|
|0 – 3 months||10-12|
|3- 6 months||22-24|
|2 Years||60-70 (Average male & female)|
Sirohi Goat Price in Maharashtra?
after the Rajasthan, this goat breed is available in the Maharashtra state. there is a huge demand for this breed in Maharashtra. this goat breed is mainly raised for Eid purpose.
the price of this breed is mainly depends on age. let’s discuss about the Sirohi goat price in Maharashtra
|Age of goat||Price of Sirohi goat in Maharashtra (RS)|
Sirohi Goat Maximum Weight
from my personal experience, I have seen 140 Kg Bodyweight Sirohi buck and the age of that buck is 6 teeth or around 2.5 to 3 years. that Sirohi goat was sold on the very high price in Deonar bakra mandi in the year of 2018.
the castrated Sirohi buck can gain 6 Kg per month on the proper concentrated, Dry, and green feed. Sirohi gains weight very quickly after Beetal goat.
How much Milk Sirohi Goat Produce?
Sirohi is the dual-purpose goat breed, it is also good milk production. All the Weight and Health of Kid depends on the Milk Production of Goat.
The Milk production of Goat also depends on Quality feed giving to the Goat, So at the Time of Gestation and Lactation Period farmer should increase the 100 gm concentrate feed for Better milk production.
This Goat produces 1.5-liter milk in the first month after giving birth to the goat. After that, the milk production slightly decreases weekly. The Average milk Production of this goat in one lactation is 100 to 110 liter is noted.
Housing Requirement Needed for Sirohi Goat
- The Kid 0 to 3 months required 2 Square feet covered area in the house and 4 square feet open paddock area for Exercise.
- 3 to 6 months of age goat required 5 Square feet covered area in house or 10 square Feet Open Paddock area.
- 6 to 12 months goat required 8 square feet covered area in house and 15 square feet Open paddock area.
- The Adult Goat more than 12 months required 10 square feet covered area in the house and 15 square feed Open paddock area for Exercise.
- The House should be well ventilated for a better cross-section of air.
- the Housing of Sirohi Gopat should be clean dry and Hygiene for Better production and reproduction or good health and Growth of the Goats.
- The whole flock should be vaccinated against the PPR, FMD, and Enterotoxaemia (ET), HS and Goat Pox.
- The vaccination should be repeated before 15 days of the End date of vaccine, or proper interval of time.
- The Medicine against the Pneumonia and Diarrhea should always present on the farm.
- The Deworming of Goats Should be done pre and post Monsoon for their Good Growth.
Sirohi Goat Price state wise
This is the price 10 month old 35 kg female sirhi goat. this price is based on our research on variougoat farm of evry states. the price may be up or down according to market rate.
- Sirohi goat Price in Rajasthan – 7000 Rs
- Sirohi goat Price in Madhya Pradesh – 9000 Rs
- Sirohi goat Price in Maharashtra -12000 Rs
- Sirohi goat Price in Tamilnadu – 20000 Rs
- Sirohi goat Price in Kerala – 20000 Rs
- Sirohi goat Price in Karnataka – 18000 Rs
- Sirohi goat Price in Delhi – 12000 Rs
- Sirohi goat Price in west Bengal – 15000 Rs
- Sirohi goat Price in Punjab – 15000 Rs
- Sirohi goat Price in Chattisgarh – 15000 Rs
Why you should Select Sirohi Goat for your farm?
- Sirohi is Best suited for stall feeding Goat farming system.
- This goat is Best suited for Breeding Purpose, Meat Purpose as well as Eid Purpose.
- it is the Large size goat breed and which have Better FCR.
- This Breed Gives maximum returns to the Goat farmer.
- The Pure Breed of this Goat is available easily.
- This Breed has Adaptability to any type of Environmental Condition in India.
- It is the most economical Breed for Arid and Semi-arid region.
Beetal Goat Vs Sirohi Goat – which Goat breed is best?
Being a goat farmer I can differentiate both breeds. Both Goat bread is best for commercial goat farming in India. but the demand for Sirohi goat is more because of easy availability and Sirohi goat has the capability to survive in any region of the world.
Sirohi goat is one of the major goat breed in India which is available in every state in large numbers. the supply of this goat breed is anywhere. this is the local goat breed of Rajasthan but you can see this breed in Kerala, Assam, Maharashtra, Odisha anywhere in India. this breed can survive anywhere. the best part of Sirohi breed is that it can eat whatever you give to this goat.
while on the other hand beetal goat, this goat breed has heigher in weight and height. this is the breed of Punjab best suited in the northern region of india. this breed can survive anywhere but there product capacity will go down.